Skip to Content

New F-1 Students

The information on the pages below assist students who are either outside of the U.S. and planning to attend Texas State, on an F-1 Visa.

Who is an F-1 Visa for?

Non-immigrants admitted to the United States temporarily to pursue full-time academic studies in colleges, universities and other academic institutions and language training schools represent the F-1 visa category.

Spouse and minor children accompanying or planning to join an F-1 Student are eligible for admission in F-2 status. For more information on applying for an F-2 I-20, contact us by email.